AIIMS MBBS 2017 exam pattern is to give an idea to the candidates about exam duration, number of questions and marking system. The aspirants who are preparing for this entrance exam can read this exam pattern so as to prepare well for the exam.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Exam Pattern
1. This exam will be online i.e. Computer Based Test (CBT).
2. The multiple choice and reason-assertion type questions are from the following subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
3. The questions are based on 12 classes under the 10+2 Scheme/Intermediate Science. No syllabus was given in last year exam.
4. The question papers will be available either Hindi or English language.
5. The question paper will have 140 multiple choice questions and 60 questions will be based on reason and assertion except questions from General Knowledge.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Subject wise Format
1. Physics – 60
2. Chemistry – 60
3. Biology (Zoology and Botany) – 60
4. General Knowledge – 20
Total number of questions – 200
Duration of the exam – 3.5 Hours
AIIMS MBBS 2017 syllabus
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Solid state
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- P-block Elements
- D&F block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones & Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in real life
- Genetics and Evolution
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Ecology and environment
- Diversity in Living World
- Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function
- Genetics and Evolution
- Structure and Function – Plants
- Structure and Function – Animals
- Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants
- Reproduction and Development in Humans
- Vegetative Morphology (Root-Stem-Leaf)
- Taxonomy-Anatomy (Root – Stem – Leaf)
- Physiology (Absorption-Transpiration-Photosynthesis-Respiration- Growth)
- Cell Biology
- Human Physiology I
- Human Physiology II
- Environment in Relation to Human Welfare
- India Independence
- International Organizations
- Computers Science
- Current News
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Marking System
1. 1 Mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
2. -1/3 Marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
3. No credit will be given for unanswered/marked for review answer.
Want to get more information on Neet updates!!!